Glued steel fiber refers to loose hooked end fibres glued together in a row way. The big difference between loose and glued fibers is that the former is easy to block together and the latter is easy to disperse uniformly. Due to excellent tensile strength, bending and shearing strength, high tenacity, resistance against the cracking, impact and fatigue, glued steel fibres widely used in building, road, bridge, tunnels, airport runway, water conservancy projects, precast, military projects, blast resistant structures, etc.
|Material||Low Carbon Drawn Wire|
|Length (mm)||30 mm|
|Diameter (mm)||0.60 mm|
|Tensile Strength||> 1100 MPa|
|Appearance||Clear, Bright, Loose unglued with hook end anchorage|
|Conforms to||EN 14889-1, ASTM A820 M04 Standards|
|Suitable Application||Tunnel Shotcrete, Slope Stabilization, Precast Pipes|
- Srons Engg. Steel fibers can be added before, during or after the batching of the concrete, as outlined by ASTM C-94 (4-5 minutes at mixing speed or approximately 60-70 revolutions).
In the batch plant fibers can be added by a shaker or through a hopper to the aggregate on a conveyor belt during aggregate addtion and mixed in the normal manner.
- If Fiber are added in the mixer truck the drum shoud be rotating at maximum speed while fibers are slowly added. This is important to avoid clump avoiding balling effect.
- Depending on fiber type and dose rate the concrete slump should be increased by the addition of superplasticiser before fibers are added.
- Use of Micro Sillica is beneficial along with steel fibers.
- Do not use Steel fiber as a first component in the concrete mix.
- Use of Internal and External vibrator (including vibrating screeds) is recommended.
- Finishing of the concrete surface is usually accomplished by using conventional power or hand equipment.
- The use of a surface hardener to achieve a smooth and hardened surface will also help to cover fibers close to the surface.
- Do not use Wood Floats, Wood floats tend to tear the surface and should not be used.
To avoid chocking in the pumping operation of the concrete mix, please note that The Hose diameter should be approximately 50% greater than the fiber length. Testing is recommended before execution.
- It is recommended that gloves and appropriate eye protection must be used while using fibers.
- Fibers concretes/shotcretes contain Portland cement and thus normal safety precautions used when handing conventional cement based products should be followed.
- Store in dry place.
- Do not use Hooks.
- No Stacking.
- Available in 15/20/25 kg Non Woven HDPE Bags & Paper Laminated Bags.
- Palettes available on request