Srons Engineers are manufacturers and exporters of steel dowel bars / Steel Dowel Rods in India, Punjab Ludhiana, Dowel bars are short steel bars that provide a mechanical connection between slabs without restricting horizontal joint movement. They increase load transfer efficiency by allowing the leave slab to assume some of the load before the load is actually over it. This reduces joint deflection and stress in the approach and leave slabs.
Dowel Rods is a short round, smooth steel rod used to provide a mechanical connection between slabs without restricting horizontal joint movement. These bars are mainly used in jointed plain concrete pavement to carry the additional stress and load induced due to the moving vehicle.
- Dowel bars are typically 32 to 38 mm (1.25 to 1.5 inches) in diameter, 460 mm (18 inches) long and spaced 305 mm (12 inches) apart.
- In order to prevent corrosion, dowel bars are either coated with stainless steel or epoxy.
- Dowel bars are usually inserted at mid-slab depth and coated with a bond-breaking substance to prevent bonding to the PCC.
Thus, the dowels help transfer load but allow adjacent slabs to expand and contract independent of one another.
1. To transfer the load from one slab to its adjacent slab such that two consecutive slabs move together and reduce impact loading developed by the slabs by their independent movement.
2. To reduce joint faulting and corner cracking.
3. To improve the performance of pavement joints.
1. Reduces deflection and stresses.
2. It increases the load-carrying capacity of slabs.
3. It increases the initial pavement life.